March 22, 2012

Our newest project: The Veneer Mid Century Dresser

Part of the reason that it took me so long to post my 30 for 30 Challenge this week is because I finally found a mid-century dresser that I liked on the cheap and we made the drive to look at it and pick it up on Tuesday night.   I have been searching craigslist for over a year hoping for the right one.  This one actually happened!  We were pleasantly surprised when we showed up since the previous owners were younger than we expected (the home was in area that is very hit & miss and the owners are currently replacing the 40 year old linoleum that was in the photos).  The dresser has a veneer top and will need some work before it finds a permanent spot in the house, so I am looking into ways we can refinish it and I've decided to show my favorites here.
{via}

{via}
{via}
{via}

I hope to leave as much wood unpainted as possible, but I'll have to see how it goes when I tackle the project.  I'm excited!

No comments: